Tonight we went over to our friends home for a little Christmas time fun. We made gingerbread houses and somehow or another it because a competition. I, of course, was off to a wonderful start with my house nearly assembled before anyone even got their frosting out. This prideful attitude became the downfall to my gingerbread house making. I don't think my partner, Isa, even noticed or cared what was going on around her. She had handfuls of candy along with tubs of frosting to keep her busy.
Anyways after getting a little boastful my house fell to pieces. Not just once but 12 times, until I decided to take my house in a new direction. For probably an hour I was no where close to being able to compete with the professionals at my side. So here are a few photos of our homes. I have labeled them for voting purposes. On the side of our blog is the poll where you can vote on which home is your favorite. I am not sure if there will be a prize other than gloating rights for the next year but we will see. Anyways the poll is to the right and we are taking votes until new years.
I want to live in home #1 and eat home #2, so I don't know... maybe a tie...?
ReplyDeleteI love them all! This is one of my favorite christmas traditions and one of these days we are all going to get together with our girls and make a huge night of it.
ReplyDelete#1 all the way!!!
ReplyDeletePolls are closed but I am a sucker for the underdog. I vote to eat house #2. I like the snowman.
ReplyDeleteI belive you meant to put Gingerbread LAINE
ReplyDelete