Like I said in an earlier post for my 30th Birthday my husband sent me out to visit my best friend for my gift. It was just what I needed. I forget sometimes in the business of life just why we are so close until I spend five minutes with her and remember that she is me just a few states away. Her children are just like mine. Her ways of parenting are just like mine. And she tries just as hard and feels just as much struggle as I do. And she is SO WISE! I think I needed those late night chats more than anything. And to see that her children are wonderful, full of many quirks but wonderful. I realized that my children are the same. Yes they make me feel like I am in crazy town sometimes and I have many of those moments when i think no one is every listening to me. But they are good kids. And nothing makes you appreciate your family more than a small break away enough to really miss them.
In KCI airport at the beginning of our journey. Damon decided he was going to get up for the day at 3:45 am so he was all up and ready to get to the airport by 5. It was such a long morning for him but he did great!
So here is my little traveling man at the airport in Vegas on our layover. He has no idea what I have just gotten him into!
The first flight we were ALL FULL in our row thanks to a couple that HAD to sit together and thus sat with the nursing mother, really really you couldn't find another seat? oh well we survived the small cramped flight for hours!
The last flight we got out own row!!!! so we were much more happy!
Once we got settled in Utah Damon did not know what to think. He was happy but needed mama close by, like REALLY CLOSE!
He did great sleeping in a new crib and loved having mom in eye sight. All he had to do was roll over and stare me down when he wanted a snack! and I couldn't resist those eyes!
Little man quickly realized that he needed to have more than the usual food and decided solids are now his friend!
This little guy did great on our trip. He loved having new friends to play with and for the most part didn't do too bad without his usual buddies. Though when he say their photo on my phone he light up which always makes me happy.
This is his new pal Kiley, they were friends, mostly because he just had to be by her and try to understand how to be as big as her. And she thought he was pretty cool too as long as he didn't try to steal her mom!
BIG DEAL: while we were there Kristi and I went over to Dessert book and picked up this lovely thing. Inside holds some really nice new scriptures all embossed by my growing Layla. I can't believe she will be baptized soon and get her very first grown up set. But seriously isn't this scripture bag gorgeous! I love it!
Saturday we went over to the International Peace Gardens and the Aviary in Salt Lake.
My little Man tried his first BIG BOY FOOD, and LOVED IT!!!
Can I say how much I love my little guy, he is just a little version of his Daddy with his mama's eyes. I LOVE HIM!!!!
And it actually rained for the shortest of time just so I didn't miss our big storm back home too much!
All in all it was a perfect trip but we both were glad to be home and back in our craziness!























Love all the pictures of cute little man! He's just so darn adorable!
ReplyDeleteNot to mention that scripture tote...it's definitely to die for!
Love the idea of a birthday trip! I'll definitely have to steal it :)