Okay so today is going down as a "terrible horrible no good very bad day!" You ever feel like you wish there was a rewind button like on Click where you can redo parts of life. Well today is one of those days. Actually this weekend has been one to be honest. The girls and I have been on our own most of the weekend and tried hard to spend QUALITY time together. But instead of having a girl bonding time there was yelling, hitting, screaming, timeout, spanking, crying, sobbing, coughing, and many more things that do not mark a success. I look at my attitude and realize that no matter how many times I replay it I can't see where I could have made it turn out different. Isa is sick and that can't be changed. Layla is still four and in a snotty spoiled I need our own home mood. And I am lonely, tired, and ready to be moving on with this point of my life. I can try to stay focused on the positive like I did Thursday. I can try new tactics like Friday. I can try to take breaks to refocus like Friday night. I can try to get them out of the house like Saturday. I could try giving more medicine like Sunday but in the end it all turns out the same.... The girls in their rooms me on guard outside on the computer venting while the dog is locked in her house and the home is a disaster. (not to mention the lunch timer beeping reminding me that I sent them to bed with no food!)
Life as a mom is a trip to an amusement park. Sometimes it is like the teacups at Disney land that make you just want to puke. Then it is wonderfully painful like the water slide at oceans of fun that always leaves you with the most horribly painful wedgie. Or at times it is everything you imagined like going to Disney land and seeing Cinderella's castle for the first time. And lastly it is one of those new rides where your legs dangle and sometime in the middle of the ride you are sure you are going to splat on the side of that rock or end up with your legs cut off.
I love being a mom but at times I think I might just not make it out of the park and home safe to the quiet of my sanctuary. Today is one of those days. At least now that I am finishing this post I began this afternoon I can see that all is well and I lasted through another day. Brian is home and I have a companion to help me through this crazy storm of life. I always appreciate him more when one of us is away. And now with life as i know it up in the air I appreciate his constant care and help to stay sane. He is the number one husband in the world and I am glad to have him home. Now wish me luck tomorrow and hopefully it will be one of those Cinderella castle days!
I'm sorry you had a bad day. I wish we could have come over and sat outside and watched the kids ride bikes. I'm glad Brian's home to help out. Single parenting is insane. Here's to tomorrow! I hope you have a fantastic day!
ReplyDeleteI only have one monster... so I can only imagine what you are going through. But Hang in there. One day at a time right?
ReplyDeleteWow, sounds like it was a rough day. I can totally relate. I love the analogies to the theme park...so many days I wish I could have a "do-over".
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing Brian with us for a couple of days! I can see what a sacrifice it was for you and the girls. We really enjoyed being with him - the sacrifice was greatly appreciated!