Friday, April 10

Graduation!!!


Today I sit at the computer a graduate! It is great! I think the best part was doing it with Brian. It meant so much to be there together. I can still remember his first day of class just weeks after we got married. It has been a journey we enjoyed together the whole way through. To walk with him every step of the way down the very last step meant so much. It hasn't been easy with getting used to being married, struggling to make ends meet, sickness, tragedy, two preemie kids, and a myriad of trials, but we did it and did it together. After sitting here hand in hand as we listened to President Clark speak today I felt bad for those graduating and sitting alone. It was nice to hear that out of over 1450 graduates we were one of only 70 couples graduating together. And I could take a guess that few if any have two kids like us. This has been a long journey but worth every bit of work to get here. I am glad I got to share in this special day with my one true love and know that we wouldn't be there without one another. So congrats to my wonderful husband for all the hard work, sweat, and tears. And thanks for supporting me so I could be there with you and feel just as proud of myself for doing something to better my future and my family! 

Now that I am all choked up I will post pictures and write more later!!!











7 comments:

  1. CONGRATS! To you both! We're excited for you. We defintely know the stress of finishing school with children. How great to be able to accomplish that big goal together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats again!! You pictures are awesome. We're so happy for you guys (and sad at the same time.) Thanks for being such great friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!! That's so awesome that you were able to graduate together! What a great accomplishment for both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I have goosebumps and tears in my eyes after reading this. I am SO proud of you guys! YAYAYAYAYAY! Seriously, these pictures and this blog will be such a good thing for your girls to read someday.

    Good job to both of you.

    And now, come visit me SOON!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats. We will miss you guys at the ward but you are moving on to bigger and better things. I bet it was so fun to graduate together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. Thats so awesome! Congratulatons on doing it together. I wish I would have "walked" when I graduated, but I couldnt even afford the dumb cap & gown. O well, it's a great accomplishment. Good luck with everything else that the future holds for you. I know you'll be blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats, Marilee! What an accomplishment! I am glad you were able to get through it all and do it with your husband. How wonderful. You look beautiful. It is always fun to see pictures of your parents too. Tell them hello for me! BTW - thanks for your note on my blog. That was very sweet of you. Keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...