Tuesday, June 3

Someone wants to be a BIG GIRL!!!!

Okay so Isa is by far the funniest kid when it comes to the things she does when we aren't around. Last week we were talking to Layla about how she needs to start getting up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom. We went over and over how it works then put the girls to bed. Later that night Brian and I made a midnight snack and ended up setting the smoke alarm off. He went up to check on the girls when he saw... a diaper on the floor and a couple pairs of pants that were now wet. He looked at Isa and she was still in her pj's but he knew that she was the only one who wears a diaper. So he went in to look and sure enough Isa was only wearing pants.... nothing else underneath. He called me up and I couldn't help but crack up. Funny funny little girl!Last night of course since it was a long day and the girls got to bed later then usual they just went to sleep without much fuss. Isa however did think that it was time to get up a couple times and I heard her open and shut the door. Of course that was followed by the pitter patter of her running back to bed. About 11:15 when Brian got home from work he heard Layla crying and went in to calm her and say goodnight. As he was walking out of the room he looked over at Isa and saw her little bare butt sticking out under the blankets. He lifted up the covers to reveal a totally nude child. He searched the room and found pj's and a dirty diaper she apparently didn't want to sleep in.
So after watching this little girl for a while I have realized that she needs to be potty trained. Whether of not she is really ready to comprehend what she needs to do or not is no longer relevant. She can't keep stripping so I must break down and do it. We will keep you posted on any other good stories from out little self teacher.

3 comments:

  1. She is getting so big! I wish I could convince Carson that using the toilet is a good thing. He is still just not at all interested in moving forward with life. I figure after the baby is born I'll push it more, but it would be pointless at this point! HOpefully it works out with Isa though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, that's pretty much hilarious! Good luck with potty training battle #2...I'm sure you will have other fun stories to share soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. photo shop is so much fun- you'll have to check out thepioneerwoman.com, her tutorials are really easy to follow and she has some presets you can download.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...